Full document for STCW 2010 here
Essential training for the professional marine industry, the five day STCW Basic Safety Training package provides all those attending with the practical skills and knowledge to comply with the mandatory requirements of the four modules of STCW basic training.
STCW Personal Survival Techniques
Realistic, practical, sea-based training. Have you had the opportunity to test yourself working in salt water, working with strangers to organise yourself in a liferaft with plumes of water beating down on you?
Run by professional trainers who have really been there and done that, our training is a cut above other courses. Here you'll get the opportunity to jump into cold water, practice survival techniques in the sea and work with others to learn survival techniques. You will get the opportunity to test yourself in fully controlled, but more difficult conditions than those usually experienced in an indoor swimming pool.
STCW Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
On completion of the training, the trainee will have knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fire in ships. They will be able to
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fires aboard ship
- Fight and extinguish fires using fire fighting apparatus and appliances provided on board
- Act as a member of a fire party, including use of self-contained breathing apparatus
STCW Elementary First Aid
The following items are part of this course:
Develop competence in:
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency
- Assessment of needs of casualty and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Understanding of immediate measures to be taken in cases of emergency, including the ability to
- Position casualty
- Apply resuscitation techniques
- Control bleeding
- Apply appropriate measures of basic shock management
- Apply appropriate measures in event of burns and scalds, including accidents caused by electrical current
- Rescue and transport a casualty
- Improvise bandages and use materials in emergency kit
STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
To develop competence in:
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Taking precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observing safe working practices
- Understanding orders and being understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency
- Types of emergency which may occur, such as collision, fire foundering
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Emergency signals and specific duties allocated to crew members in the muster list; muster stations; correct use of personal safety equipment
- Action to take on discovering potential emergency, including fire, collision, foundering and ingress of water into the ship
- Action to take on gearing emergency alarm signals
- Value of training and drills
- Knowledge of escape routes and internal communication and alarm systems
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of adhering to safe working practices at all times
- Safely and protective devices available to protect against potential hazards aboard ship
- Precautions to be taken prior to entering enclosed spaces
- Familiarisation with international measure concerning accident prevention and occupational health
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities; employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
STCW – Based on 5 Days
24th – 28th July.
21st – 25th August.
11th – 15th September.
STCW – Basic Safety Training REFRESHER – Based on 2.5 Days
26th – 28th July.
23rd – 25th August.
13th – 15th September.
Fire Warden – Based on 1 Day
6th, 13th, 20th, 27th July.
3rd, 17th, 24th, 31st August
Basic Fire Awareness – Based on half Day
7th, 14th, 21st, 28th July.
4th, 18th 25th August.
STCW95 – Adv Fire Fighting REFRESHER – Based on 1 Day
STCW95 – Advanced Fire Fighting Training Course – Based on 4 Days
10th – 13th July.
21st – 24th August.
Security Awareness Course IMO Codes – Based on Half Day
Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties – Based on 2 Full Days
26th – 27th July.
23rd – 24th August.
13th – 14th September.
Book now, places are limited ! Please ask about other courses if you cannot find the one you are looking for.